MHI Vestas Offshore Wind wins record order for 450 MW Borkum Riffgrund 2 offshore wind farm project in Germany
DONG Energy has placed a milestone order with MHI Vestas Offshore Wind for the 450 MW Borkum Riffgrund 2 project in Germany. The record breaking order is the largest ever for MHI Vestas, demonstrating the markets’ confidence in the V164-8.0 MW as well as underlining the strong relationship with DONG Energy. MHI Vestas Offshore Wind has received a 450 MW order from DONG Energy for the Borkum Riffgrund 2 project in Germany.
The order for V164-8.0 MW turbines includes a five-year full-scope service contract with an availability guarantee, ensuring optimised performance of the wind power plant with maximum power output. The V164-8.0 MW turbines – rated with a capacity of 8 MW – will utilise MAX Power from the MVOW MAX Performance™ portfolio to be able to deliver a maximum output of 8.3 MW, further increasing the value for the customer.
For additional details, please refer to the MHI Vestas Offshore Wind press release published on www.mhivestasoffshore.com under “Media and news”.
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Vestas Wind Systems A/S (50 percent) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) (50 percent). The company’s sole focus is to design, manufacture, install and service wind turbines for the offshore wind industry.
The project will be delivered by MHI Vestas Offshore Wind and will not enter into the order backlog of Vestas Wind Systems A/S.
- DONG Energy to build German offshore wind farm Borkum Riffgrund 2
- DONG Energy has installed the first of 78 wind turbines at the German offshore wind farm Borkum Riffgrund 1
- DONG Energy Inaugurates First Offshore Wind Farm In Germany
- MHI Vestas Offshore Wind and an offshore wind power project in Germany
- Jan De Nul Group to transport and install 36 foundations for offshore wind farm Borkum Riffgrund