India can help Nepal in harnessing hydro power project: Envoy
January 10, 2017Hydro
Nepal has immense opportunities for hydro power production and India can play a major role in harnessing this potential, Nepal’s Ambassador to India, Deep Kumar Upadhyaya said here today.
“Nepal has immense opportunities for the development of hydro power and India can help it in a major way in harnessing it,” Upadhyaya informed Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, an official from the Public Relation Department said.
During his discussions, Chouhan said both Nepal and India are not only friendly nations, they also have brotherly relations.
The Chief Minister informed Upadhyaya that under Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, India is marching ahead in establishing international cooperation and peace.
Nepal’s Ambassador expressed desire to enhance cultural and academic relations between the two nations.
The Chief Minister also informed him about the establishment of Happiness Ministry in the state and its mandate.
Upadhyaya said large number of Nepalese are residing in the State and they are happy with the state government.
- Modi may announce huge economic package for Nepal during his trip
- Nepal seek help from India, China to develop hydropower
- India to supply additional 80 MW power to Nepal from Jan 1
- Nepal and GMR likely to sign Power Development Agreement soon
- Indian companies to benefit from Nepal’s new hydropower initiative