Brazil’s WEG to make wind turbines in India
Brazilian electrical equipment manufacturer WEG SA announced today that it plans to enter the Indian wind turbine production market.
The company intends to upgrade its existing electric motors and generator factory near Bangalore in Tamil Nadu state in order to prepare it for the production of 2.1-MW wind turbines, it said. Following the upgrade, the factory will have an annual wind turbine production capacity of up to 250 MW and the capability to produce nacelles, generators and hubs. It will be able to supply the first wind turbines next year, WEG added
- Alstom has announced the third shift of its wind turbines factory located in Camaçari, State of Bahia, Brazil
- Wind power in Brazil: Vestas inaugurates factory in Ceará
- Wind energy in Germany: Siemens to build wind power plant in Cuxhaven
- Vestas to invest in the Taranto blades factory
- Inox Wind commissions 800 MW unit at Madhya Pradesh